2017 Schedule of Events
FRIDAY, AUG. 4th
- Deckerville Public Library BOOK SALE - held inside Village Council Chambers, 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
- GARAGE SALES throughout the town - 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- HEALTH FAIR, “Funtastic Family Fair”at DCS Schools, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm, sponsored by Deckerville Community Hospital, Autumnwood and Sanilac Great Start Collaborative
- American Legion BEER TENT at Wilson Park - 4:00 pm - 1:00 am
- HORSESHOE QUALIFYING MATCHES at Wilson Park - all evening 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- TTPA TRACTOR PULL at Wilson Park, sponsored by Homecoming Committee - starts at 5:00 pm
- BECHLER'S FOOD BOOTHS at Wilson Park - all evening
- The Good Timer's FOOD BOOTH at Wilson Park - starts at 5:00 pm
- Sunshine Fire Entertainment LIVE FIRE DANCERS - at Deckerville Community School Grounds prior to fireworks 9:30 pm
- FIREWORKS behind Deckerville
School at dusk 10 pm (rain date is Saturday, Aug. 5th at dusk), concessions available on site by Cub Scout Pack 351
- DJ “John & Char” at American Legion Beer Tent - 9:00 pm to 12:00 midnight
- SANILAC TRANSPORTATION BUS, available at Wilson Park - from 11:00 pm - 1:00 am
SATURDAY, AUG. 5th
- 5K RUN/WALK starts at school, sponsored by & proceeds to DHS Track Team - starts at 8:00 am
- CRAFT SHOW at the Community Center, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 pm
- Trinity Lutheran Church, Forestville, BAKE SALE at Community Center Craft Show - 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Deckerville Public Library BOOK SALE, held inside Village Council Chambers, 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
- DECKERVILLE HISTORICAL MUSEUM - open from 10 am - 5:00 pm, located at 2485 Black River Street
- BECHLER'S FOOD BOOTHS at Wilson Park - all day and evening
- American Legion BEER TENT at Wilson Park - all day until 1:00 am
- HORSESHOE PITCHING FINALS at Wilson Park - all day
- PRE-PARADE ENTERTAINMENT at the Grand Stand Main Street Deckerville
- “PET PARADE” on Main Street, sponsored by Homecoming Committee and DLOW - starts at 12:15 pm
- GRAND PARADE "LIONS & TIGERS & WINGS, Oh My!"sponsored by DLOW, starts at noon (Rain Date Sunday, Aug. 6th at 1 pm.)
- 12th annual CO-ED MUD VOLLEYBALL TOURNAMENT, pre-registration required, forms at local businesses, sponsored by Deckerville Homecoming Committee and “The Good Timers” - games start at 7:00 am
- ROAST PORK DINNERS AT THE PARK - by THE GOODTIMERS - starts after parade at Wilson Park proceeds to the Brandon Trowhill Scholarship Fund.
- Kid’s Entertainment: SPACE WALK, sponsored by DLOW & Deckerville Homecoming Committee Wilson Park - from 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- COW PLOP DROP - at Wilson Park after the parade - sponsored by The Goodtimers
- “JEWLS THE CLOWN” comedy show at Wilson Park starts at 1:00 pm & balloon sculpting until 5:00 pm.
- NEW KIM'S "FUN FACES"- 1:00 pm-4:00 pm Free Face
Painting for Kids at Wilson Park sponsored by McCoy Honey Company.
- NEW "CHAMBERLIN PONY RIDES & MOBILE PETTING ZOO" at Wilson Park - starts at 12:30pm-4:30pm.
- NEW "FAIRYTALE ENTERTAINMENT"- 1:00 pm-4:00 pm back again by popular demand some of your favorite Superheroes and Princesses.
- Eastern Michigan Tractor Pull Association TRACTOR PULL at Wilson Park - starts at 3:00 pm.
- CLASSIC CAR SHOW on Main Street - at 1:00 pm; awards at 4:00 pm; cruise starts at 4:00 pm, sponsored by Homecoming Committee and area businesses
- 14th annual DECKERVILLE IDOL Singing Competition in the Band Shell at Wilson Park - cash prizes! Sponsored by Homecoming Committee and area businesses, pre-registration is required - starts at 1:30 pm hosted by DJ John & Char
- Goodtimers FOOD BOOTH at Wilson Park - starts at 8:00 pm
- LIVE BAND "LOS GRINGOS" at Wilson Park - from 8:00 pm - 12:00 am
- SANILAC TRANSPORTATION BUS available at Wilson Park - from 11:00 pm - 1:00 am
- HOMECOMING RAFFLE Tickets Drawing, at Wilson Park Pavilion, all cash prizes - at 11:00 pm
- Deckerville League of Women "GAS & FOOD GIVE-AWAY"
RAFFLE-all proceeds to local needs- Drawing at Wilson Park Pavilion at 11:00 pm
SUNDAY, AUG. 6th
- CO-ED SOFTBALL TOURNEY at Sanilac Sportsmen’s Club (5 miles east of Deckerville & 3/4 south on Goetze Rd.) - all day; Chicken BBQ starts at 12:00 noon, fun for the whole family!