2018 Schedule of Events (Subject to Change)
FRIDAY, AUG. 3rd
- Deckerville Public Library BOOK SALE - held inside Village Council Chambers, 10:00
am - 7:00 pm
- GARAGE SALES throughout the town - 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
FAIR, “Funtastic Family Fair”at DCS Schools, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm, sponsored by Deckerville Community Hospital, Autumnwood and Sanilac Great Start Collaborative
Legion BEER TENT at Wilson Park - 4:00 pm - 1:00 am
- HORSESHOE QUALIFYING MATCHES at Wilson Park - all evening 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- TTPA TRACTOR PULL at Wilson Park, sponsored by Homecoming Committee - starts at 6:00 pm; plus a "Monster Truck" Demo at the pull
- BECHLER'S FOOD BOOTHS at Wilson Park - all evening
- TORREZ MEXICAN FOOD BOOTH at Wilson Park - all evening
- The Goodtimer's FOOD BOOTH at Wilson Park - starts at 5:00 pm
Fire Entertainment LIVE FIRE DANCERS - at Deckerville Community School Grounds prior to fireworks 9:30 pm
- FIREWORKS behind Deckerville School at dusk 10 pm (rain date is Saturday, Aug. 4th at dusk)
- SANILAC TRANSPORTATION BUS, available at Wilson Park - from 11:00 pm - 1:00 am
SATURDAY, AUG. 4th
- 5K RUN/WALK starts at school, sponsored by & proceeds to DHS Track Team - starts at 8:00 am
- CRAFT SHOW at
the Community Center, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 pm
- Trinity Lutheran Church, Forestville, BAKE SALE at Community Center Craft Show - 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Deckerville Public Library BOOK SALE, held inside Village Council Chambers, 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
- DECKERVILLE HISTORICAL MUSEUM - open from 10 am - 5:00 pm, located at 2485 Black River Street
FOOD BOOTHS at Wilson Park - all day and evening
- TORREZ MEXICAN FOOD BOOTH at Wilson Park - all day and evening
- American Legion BEER TENT at Wilson Park - all day until 1:00 am
- HORSESHOE PITCHING FINALS at Wilson Park
- all day
- PRE-PARADE ENTERTAINMENT at the Grand Stand Main Street Deckerville
PARADE” on Main Street, sponsored by Homecoming Committee and DLOW - starts at 12:15 pm
- GRAND PARADE starts at noon, Theme: "Happy 125th Birthday, Deckerville!", (Rain Date Sunday, Aug. 5th at 1 pm.),
sponsored by DLOW
- 13th annual CO-ED MUD VOLLEYBALL TOURNAMENT, pre-registration required, forms at local businesses, sponsored by Deckerville Homecoming
Committee and “The Good Timers” - games start at 7:00 am
- ROAST PORK DINNERS AT THE PARK - by THE GOODTIMERS - starts
after parade at Wilson Park proceeds to the Brandon Trowhill Scholarship Fund.
- Kid’s Entertainment: SPACE WALK, sponsored by DLOW & Deckerville Homecoming Committee Wilson Park - from 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
PLOP DROP - at Wilson Park after the parade - sponsored by The Goodtimers
- “JEWLS THE CLOWN” comedy show at Wilson Park starts at 1:00 pm &
balloon sculpting until 5:00 pm.
- KIM'S "FUN FACES"- 1:00 pm-4:00 pm Free Face Painting for Kids at Wilson Park sponsored by McCoy Honey Company
- "CHAMBERLIN PONY RIDES & MOBILE PETTING ZOO" at Wilson Park
- starts at 12:30 pm - 4:30 pm
- NEW! "STROLLING ENTERTAINMENT" by Bacchanal Promotions - 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm at Wilson Park, featuring Stilt Walkers, Jugglers, Dancers & More!
- NEW! "TOP HAT VAUDEVILLE STYLE SIDESHOW!" by Bacchanal Promotions - 2:30pm - 3:30 pm, featuring Magicians,
Comedians, Contortionists & More!
- Eastern Michigan Tractor Pull Association TRACTOR PULL at Wilson Park - starts at 3:00 pm.
- CLASSIC CAR SHOW on Main Street - at 1:00 pm; awards at 4:00 pm; cruise starts at 4:00 pm, also an Eagle1 Robotics demonstration and a "Monster Truck demo, sponsored by Homecoming Committee and area businesses.
- Goodtimers FOOD BOOTH at Wilson Park - starts at 8:00 pm
- LIVE BAND
"Los Gringos", at Wilson Park - from 8:00 pm - 12:00 am
- SANILAC TRANSPORTATION BUS
available at Wilson Park - from 11:00 pm - 1:00 am
- HOMECOMING RAFFLE Tickets Drawing, at Wilson Park Pavilion, all cash prizes - at 11:00 pm
- Deckerville League of Women "GAS & FOOD GIVE-AWAY" RAFFLE-all proceeds to local needs- Drawing at Wilson Park Pavilion at 11:00 pm
SUNDAY, AUG. 5th
- CO-ED SOFTBALL TOURNEY at Sanilac Sportsmen’s Club (5 miles east of Deckerville & 3/4 south on Goetze
Rd.) - all day; Chicken BBQ starts at 12:00 noon, fun for the whole family!